If you want the taste of sugar cookies without having to go through the process of making them, then you'll want to try out this Sugar Cookie Bars recipe. You don’t have to bake or frost individual cookies. All you have to do is spread all the dough out in one pan, bake and frost. They are really delicious!
Sugar Cookie Bars
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
Several drop food coloring (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish, set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy about 3-4 minutes (The longer you beat it, the fluffier your cookies will turn out). Stir in egg. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until blended.
4. Slowly add dry mixture and stir until well combined.
5. With buttered hands, gently press mixture into greased baking dish. Bake 17 - 20 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and edges are lightly golden. Cool completely, then frost and cut into squares.
In a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, whip together butter and powdered sugar and half and half until fluffy. Stir in vanilla and salt. Add in food optional food coloring and mix until well blended.
This recipe came from Cooking Classy.