Musical Instruments - Make a variety of musical instruments and have a jam session at your house. Some instruments could include the following:
- Shoe-box guitar
- Cymbals - use 2 saucepan lids
- Drum - use upside down saucepan and wooden spoon or chop sticks
- Maracas - use rice, dry beans, pasta, or dry sand in a plastic bottle or with paper cups
- Xylophone - use milk bottles or jam jars half filled with water and and a spoon
- Harmonica - use greaseproof paper and a comb
Oobleck - Use 2 parts corn starch and 1 cup water to make oobleck. This is a lot of fun for the kids to play with. When I did this for my daughter, she played it with for hours.
Food Stamping - Kids love stamping with fruits and vegetables. Use a potato, apple, celery, strawberry, etc. to make beautiful paintings and prints on papers and fabrics.
Milk Jug Ball Catcher - Use a milk jug or bottle and crumbled up newspaper wrapped in tape to play this toss and catch game.
Bulls-Eye Bowling - Make a bulls-eye on the carpet using masking tape, then bowl small balls towards the bulls-eye to see which ball can land in the center.
Make sure to check out all of the fun and frugal activities and ideas posts that you can do with your children indoors during the winter:
Frugal Indoor Activities for Children during Winter (Part 1)
Frugal Indoor Activities for Children during Winter (Part 2)
Frugal Indoor Activities for Children during Winter (Part 3)
Frugal Indoor Activities for Children during Winter (Part 4)